Re: [jetty-users] Issue loading classes from JARs used by Jetty.

Róbert,

Have a read of this wiki page, as I think it will answer you questions:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Reference/Jetty_Classloading

regards
Jan

On 17 October 2011 02:01, Róbert Kohányi <kohanyi.robert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to create a servlet which tries to use classes included in Jetty's lib/ directory. Namely the class org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.DeploymentManager which is included in lib/jetty-deploy-8.0.3.v20111011.jar.

Let me try to illustrate the problem with an example. See the following servlet implementation here: http://pastebin.com/TSh98sYB

Instantiating the DeploymentManager in the constructor generates no errors, but doing the same in the doPut method always throws: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jetty/deploy/DeploymentManager.

I'v tried saving Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader() (in the constructor) in a static variable and load the DeploymentManager's class in doPut, however it still threw an exception (same as above).

I haven't got the faintest idea what could the problem be and that how can I solve this.

I'm using a Jetty 8.0.3.v20111011 without any modifications, downloaded from here: http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/stable-8/dist/jetty-distribution-8.0.3.v20111011.zip

If anyone has an idea please let me know about it! Thanks!

Regards,
Kohányi Róbert