[jetty-users] AsynchronousCloseException after migrating to Jetty 8

Hi,

we embed Jetty 7 to run JUnit-based integration tests. The tests all work similar in that they start Jetty, send some requests (using HttpURLConnection from within the same VM) and then examine the state of the session(s) that were created.

To avoid unnecessary console messages we installed our own org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.Logger.
After migrating to Jetty 8 (8.0.2.SNAPSHOT from 20111004) we observe AsynchronousCloseExceptions and InterruptedExceptions being reported to the Logger#ignore() method (see stacktraces below) when stopping the server.

Is this behavior inteded?

TIA
Rüdiger

--- Stacktrace ---
java.nio.channels.AsynchronousCloseException
at java.nio.channels.spi.AbstractInterruptibleChannel.end(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.accept(SelectChannelConnector.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector$Acceptor.run(AbstractConnector.java:833)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:598)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:533)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

java.lang.InterruptedException
at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.acquireInterruptibly(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantLock.lockInterruptibly(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.BlockingArrayQueue.poll(BlockingArrayQueue.java:328)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.idleJobPoll(QueuedThreadPool.java:516)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.access$600(QueuedThreadPool.java:39)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:562)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Back to the top