Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 7.4.4 using 100% CPU (apparently in SelectChannelConnector)

Hi Tony,

We have at least two bug reports opened in bugzilla for 100% CPU issues with connectors, Bug 351624 and Bug 351801, that you are welcome to chime in on if you feel that they are describing a similar problem. It would be helpful if you could also capture a thread dump of the server when it is running normally under similar conditions and post it along with the link to the dump below so that we could compare them.

Also, we recently developed a tool that has not been released yet that attempts to detect spinning and deadlocked threads, and dumps the information into the log file. You could build it from source code that is located here. There's a README.txt file in the top-level directory that describes how to install and run this tool. If you could get the log file with the tool's output to us, it would be a great help in diagnosing this issue.

-Michael