[jetty-users] Changing Defaults Paths of Jetty

Hello to all,

I have installed Jetty under /usr/local/jetty7/ directory on FreeBSD and I want to change "etc", "contexts", "logs" and "webapps" folders to different locations on the filesystem:

    /usr/local/jetty7/etc/*.xml to /etc/jetty/*.xml
    /usr/local/jetty7/logs to /var/log/jetty
    /usr/local/jetty7/contexts to /etc/jetty/contexts
    /usr/local/jetty7/webapps to /var/www/jetty

Although it's possible to change paths to the .xml configuration files -which are under etc folder by default- from start.ini, Jetty does not accept absolute paths for "webapps" and "contexts" from jetty-contexts.xml and jetty-webapps.xml files. It always interprets paths as relative to Jetty Home which is /usr/local/jetty7/.

Is there any way to change the paths of Jetty without using symliks? The filesystem is mounted with nosymfollow flag, so using symlinks is not solution for me.

Regards,
E. Sancak

Back to the top