Re: [jetty-users] getRemoteAddr() returning private ip number

Just stumbled upon the same issue...
In my case the original X-Forwarded-* headers were of no interest and could simply be erased, using Apache's mod_headers:

RequestHeader unset X-Forwarded-For
RequestHeader unset X-Forwarded-Host
RequestHeader unset X-Forwarded-Server

RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-Proto https env=HTTPS
RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-Proto http env=!HTTPS

ProxyPass ...