[jetty-users] Jetty Doc Wiki

Hello Jetty Users:

We are reorganizing the Jetty Documentation Wiki, and we invite you to share your ideas and needs, as well as your complaints and compliments.

The idea is to make it easier for you to find the information you need. Plans include:
  • Organizing the docs by subject matter (Getting Started, Configuring, Embedding, Optimizing rather than by type of doc (tutorial, howto, reference). We will identify doc types in the titles.
  • Presenting the TOC in its entirety, on one page, so that you can see everything that's available without opening tabs.
  • Practicing discipline in adding new documents to the wiki to place them in the most logical category (Getting Started, Configuring, Reference...).
  • Developing a small number of "Master Docs" that provide guidance on discrete sets of Jetty tasks, with links to sources of additional information. The first of these is here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/Configure_Jetty.
  • Creating blog entries in response to user dilemmas, with links in the Troubleshooting section of the doc wiki.
  • Cleaning up the Codehaus Doc Wiki to the same model we are proposing for the Eclipse wiki front page. This will be for Hightide-specific topics as well as clear guides to help you decide if you need the Hightide extensions or if the stock Eclipse distribution is sufficient. There are some exciting extensions coming to Hightide in the relatively near future which will further distinguish this enhanced distribution.
  • Maintaining Jetty 6 documentation on the Codehaus wiki, just not as prominently since it is very much in maintenance release cycle only.
Here is a link to a prototype of the new Jetty Documentation Wiki at Eclipse: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1McGY9zPTCyU3CbcV7Y50X6T5M3Hy301TrmvkJWi2h-I

The links in this document are live. Entries listed in black are TBD. What is missing? What else do you need? Are we on the right track?

Thanks very much,
Shirley Boulay
Technical Writer for Jetty at Intalio

Back to the top