[jetty-users] ServerClasses, JettyXmlConfiguration, and SLF4J

Hello.

I am having a somewhat strange problem. I have an embedded Jetty 7.2.2 with a few webapps. Both the container and the webapps are using SLF4J and logback (different config files). However, I keep getting SLF4J's 'multiple bindings' warnings. The 'serverClasses' is set up correctly.

After doing some digging, I verified that the problem only occurs if I include 'jetty-web.xml' file in my webapps. The problem, it appears, is that when JettyWebXmlConfiguration is running 'configure', it specifically disables 'serverClasses'. And so, SLF4J sees two copies of logback-classic.jar (one from container and one from the webapp) and I get the warning.

[The problem may have appeared when I moved from 7.1.5 to 7.2.2, but I am not completely certain of that.]

Why does it do that? Am I doing something silly here?

TIA,

Alik

Back to the top