Re: [jetty-users] JSP support when launching from the API

On 11/17/2010 05:37 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
I've been asked to turn on JSP support for our application that uses
the full embedded API with 7.1.2. I'm stumped. All the doc I can find
talks about using start.jar, but I'm not using start.jar. What's the
equivalent in terms of handlers and webapps and such?

I run an embedded Jetty (a JettyMain class with a main method that instantiates an instance of Server and calls start() on it) and I don't seem to do any magic to make JSP's work. Perhaps it's your classpath? I add all .jar files from the jetty lib dir to my classpath, i.e. $JETTY_HOME/lib/*.jar - this is done by an ant <path> directive that uses a <fileset> to gather every .jar in the lib dir. I don't provide any command line arguments or java VM directives to enable JSP support.

What happens when you request a jsp? i.e. http://localhost/contextroot/something.jsp

Nick

Back to the top