[jetty-users] Embedded Jetty: 404 after webapp.stop(); webapp.start();

Hi all,

I am using an embedded Jetty (version 7.0.2.v20100331) to run a webapp
(WAR) and am so far quite happy with it. Alas, I can't get the webapp to
stop and then start again. Or rather, according to the log messages it
stops and starts just fine, but whenever I access the context path after
the restart, I get a 404.

I am aware that this has been discussed before
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.jetty.support/12483>, but AFAIK
no solution was found back then. And the tutorials at
<http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Tutorial/Embedding_Jetty> only ever use
start(), not stop(). So, can someone please point me in the right
direction. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Andreas

Back to the top