Re: [jetty-users] Using Jetty http client with basic authentication

Jesse,

Well, I still have a little problem.

Although I have set a SimpleRealmResolver:

HttpClient  httpClient = new HttpClient();
httpClient.setConnectorType(HttpClient.CONNECTOR_SELECT_CHANNEL);
httpClient.setRealmResolver(new SimpleRealmResolver(new Realm() {
  public String getId() {
    return "realm";
  }
  public String getPrincipal() {
    return deviceUsername;
  }
  public String getCredentials() {
    return deviceUserpassword;
  }
}));
}
httpClient.start();

the first time, I send my httpExchange, there is no Authorization header added to my POST request and the server rejects my request (I see that the HttpClient retries with the Authorization header however but the server does not answer). The next time I send the request the Authorization header is added and it succeeds.

Here is the capture (request 1 fails, is retried but gets no answer), request 2 succeeds):

---- request 1 ---------
POST /titi HTTP/1.1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope... the content... </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

------ response 1 ----
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Www-Authenticate: Basic REALM="realm"

Unauthorized request

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope ... the content...</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

------- request 2 -----------
POST /titi HTTP/1.1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope ... the content...</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

And this time it succeeds:
HTTP/1.1 200 Ok
Server: snom embedded
Cache-Control: no-cache

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope ... the response ... </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Maybe is the server not behaving correctly but I would like to know if there is a way to force the Authorization header on the first try.

Thanks,

Bruno