Re: [jetty-users] Non-standard web application deployment question

All of the apps you deploy to Jetty eventually wind up as a Context within Jetty.
Even WAR files are provided to Jetty as a WebAppContext, which handles the configuration, defaults, and classloaders for that specific context.

If you want to deviate from the Servlet specs, feel free to start with the WebAppContext and modify it's Classloader to load the classes from wherever and in whatever order you want it to.   The deployment of your new EnhancedWebAppContext can be accomplished as any other Context within Jetty.

- Joakim