Re: [jetty-users] UserRealm -> LoginService, jetty6 -> jetty7

Gustav,

Here's an example from the jetty-7 distro etc/jetty.xml file:

   <Call name="addBean">
     <Arg>
       <New class="org.eclipse.jetty.security.HashLoginService">
         <Set name="name">Test Realm</Set>
         <Set name="config"><SystemProperty name="jetty.home" default="."/>/etc/realm.properties</Set>
         <Set name="refreshInterval">0</Set>
       </New>
     </Arg>
   </Call>

I just discovered the doco on the Eclipse wiki is wrong on this, so
I'm fixing it now.

cheers
Jan

Gustav Olsson wrote:
Hi all,

After upgrading from jetty6 to jetty7 I'm having some difficulties getting the DIGEST authentication I used in jetty6 to work in jetty7. The method Server.setUserRealms(UserRealm[]) is gone and I simply cannot find out how to bind my LoginService to the WebAppContext or server.

The web.xml is attached. Previously, all i hade to do was create an instance of a JDBCUserRealm and add it with the Server.setUserRealms(new UserRealm[]{<jdbcur>) to get it to kick in. With that method gone and all howtos covering jetty6 I cannot find out how to bind the JDBCUserRealm to the server/webapp. This is driving me nuts and all help is appreciated!

<web-app>
        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>name</servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>SecureServlet</servlet-class>
        </servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>name</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

        <security-constraint>
                <web-resource-collection>
                        <web-resource-name>ResourceName</web-resource-name>
                        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
                </web-resource-collection>
                <auth-constraint>
                        <role-name>role</role-name>