Re: [jetty-users] WebSockets and the frame parameter

As the poster of the previous posting, I would also like to know this.
Its highly confusing and seems unnecessary.

I found a page here:
http://planet.plt-scheme.org/package-source/murphy/websockets.plt/1/0/planet-docs/main/Exchanging_WebSocket_Messages.html
which states:

"The message can be either a byte string, which will be sent with
frame type 128 and length information, or a string, which will be sent
with frame type 0 and without length information"
So it looks like frame number denotes a "type" of message (if the
information is correct, it might only apply to the scheme
implementation). Would a dev *please* clarify?

Its a pity this mailing list seems dead.