[jetty-users] WebSockets and the frame parameter

Hi,

Could someone explain the meaning and usage of the frame parameter used by WebSocket and WebSocket.Outbound methods for sending/receiving?

The current documentation (http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/7.0.1.v20091125/apidocs/org/eclipse/jetty/websocket/WebSocket.Outbound.html) lacks any information about the meaning or usage of this parameter.
A similar question has already been brought up in a previous posting: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/jetty-users/msg00192.html

So I (the WebSocket implementer and caller of WebSocket.Outbound) am unsure what to do with this parameter when I receiving messages and what value to provide when sending messages.
a) Do I need to keep track of the "current" frame when sending?
    (Does the last received message's frame dictate the frame I should send with?)
b) Do I always just supply 0?
    (Quick tests with small messages appear show this "works"...)
c) None of the above....

Some clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

--
~ Peter Wong

Back to the top