Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty 10 with ALPN / H2 on the class path

The point of the services is that you can implement your own and have
it loaded from non-yours classes.

Yeah, I guess it's the only mechanism to make the class loader customizable from user code. Placing Jetty service implementations in a different (child) classloader than Jetty itself sounds rather esoteric, but I guess it is conceivable that someone might do it.

One could imagine adding a sanity check by testing if the service class itself was visible to the TCCL and if not fall back to the service's class loader. But that may just bring in more complexity and magic than what it's worth.

Cheers,
Eirik.

Back to the top