Re: [jetty-dev] Invalid Ping Frame Rate with Jetty 9.4.21 v20190926

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 7:53 PM Michele Rossi <michele.rossi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi,
> I am not sure how many clients we had connected but probably more than 20.

Still, having each one sending a PING every second or so looks like a
DDoS attack.

> Each client keeps a cometd long poll connection open that probably meant loads of http2 connections.

Well, not "loads", just 1 per client.

> Yes reverting to the previous build fixed it.
> If this becomes configurable how do I know what number to set it to in advance?

You should first understand who's sending all those PINGs as it really
looks like an attack.
I would imagine a client needing to send a PING every, say, 1 minute.
To exceed the default limit in this case you'd need 1200 clients.
Do you have such numbers?

--
Simone Bordet
----