[jetty-dev] Jetty upgrade with ALPN

Hi,

We are currently using Jetty 9.4.7.v20170914 in our product. Essentially we use Jetty client libraries to be able to perform HTTP/2 communication.
With this version for ALPN to work, we start the JVM by setting Xbootclasspath argument as:
-Xbootclasspath/p:<path to alpn-boot-8.1.12.v20180117.jar> (we are on JDK 8)

Now we are in the process of upgrading to Jetty v9.4.15.v2019021 and I see the following notes in ALPN section on the Jetty prject page:

"To get ALPN working with the Jetty ALPN Boot library, you need:

to start the JVM with the Jetty ALPN Boot library in the boot classpath
to have the jetty-alpn-openjdk8-client artifact or the jetty-alpn-openjdk8-server artifact in the classpath"

I have some questions around this:

1. We definitely need the ALPN boot library in the boot class path?
2. Do we also need jetty-alpn-openjdk8-client artifact in the class path to be set?
3. We have test cases that use embedded Jetty server and so I assume that for the test cases to work, we would need jetty-alpn-openjdk8-server in the classpath.

Please confirm answers to above 3 questions, needed for this upgrade.

Thanks
Neha

Back to the top