Re: [jetty-dev] trying to get jetty properties honored in private SSL module

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 11:15:31AM +1100, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> Brian,
>
> note that there is also an [ini] section within modules, that can be used
> to set properties whenever the module is activated, as apposed to the
> [ini-template] section, which as Chris says is only a template for
> generating an ini file.

Gee, well, that nails it.  Putting my settings in the [ini] section
does seem to do what I want.

I failed to notice the distinction, and assumed the pre-populated
[ini-template] was the what I was supposed to use. :/

> Typically [ini] sections are discouraged as they can be hard to modify, but
> they are appropriate in some circumstances.  Often they are used with the
> ?= syntax, so the property is set only if it has not already been set on
> the command line or in an ini file.

That's a neat hack I was unaware of...

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@xxxxxxxxxxx>