Re: [jetty-dev] Statistics on

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 4:44 PM, Johan Piculell <johan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Simone (and sorry for the crappy subject, premature mail sending ;-)
> ).
>
> Seems like it is #1807 I'm interested in,  description is a bit short in
> that discussion however but assume I would need to hook into
>
> requestBeforeDispatch
> requestAfterDispatch
>
> and do my calculations to get some max, average, etc timings on the
> dispatching. Looking forward to a release were I can experiment with this.

Note that those events will happen just before and just after the
invocation to HttpServlet.service() (and possibly Servlet Filters).
As such, I'm not sure you get much value out of those that you cannot
get already with a Servlet Filter.

> Just out of curiosity, would the selector thread timings be possible to get
> in versions <= v9.3.x?

Not really. You could measure how long a task submitted to the thread
pool remains in the queue before being executed, but you won't be able
to tell what task (unless doing some heavy RTTI).

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top