Re: [jetty-dev] Attempting to integrate quickstart in the build process

Great! I've created an issue to track this: https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/1542.

Jan

On 10 May 2017 at 17:24, Federico Fissore <federico@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jan Bartel ha scritto il 10/05/2017 alle 16:07:
So it looks like we might need to do a bit more work on the documentation.

I'm not really sure which aspect you're having trouble with:  the
pre-generation of the quickstart war or the use of the webapp afterwards?

Actually both: while I succeeded in using mvn jetty:effective-web-xml (but didn't use it, see below), I failed to do that from inside docker container (see attached file)

If it's pre-generation, you don't necessarily have to do a special step
in the generation of your webapp to generate the quickstart-web.xml.
[...]

I skipped the lazy generation because what I need is to make it faster from the first run: I'm in the process of implementing continuous delivery and webapps have to restart as fast as possible

INFO:oeja.AnnotationConfiguration:main: Scanning elapsed time=xxxms

On subsequent restarts you won't see that line.

Ah good to know: then I suppose that, with a pregenerated file, I won't see that line any longer

As the doco mentions, there is a goal of the maven-jetty-plugin that
uses quickstart to generate an effective web.xml for you - if you want
you can save the output of mvn jetty:effective-web-xml into a file
called quickstart-web.xml and put it into your webapp, but that would be
a bit of a manual process.

docs also mention that that output may contain stuff found on jars included by maven but which are not included in the war: that's why I tried it to see what was its output and then looked for ways to make it "more right"

Sounds like it would be useful to have a maven plugin that did the
quickstart generation as part of a webapp build cycle, don't fancy
contributing one do you? :)

Indeed I do and, time permitting, I'll make one

regards

federico