Re: [jetty-dev] Information regarding Jetty HTTP Client properties

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 8:47 PM, Neha Munjal <neha.munjal3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> (Also, as mentioned in the Java Docs, it is advised to set the number of
>>> connections property to a maximum of 2.)
>>
>>Where is this ?
>
> The Java Doc that mentions this is available @
> http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/stable-9/apidocs/org/eclipse/jetty/client/HttpClient.html#setMaxConnectionsPerDestination--

The Javadoc says what RFC 2616 was recommending, not what it is
advised to do. And BTW that RFC is now 20 years old, so it should
probably be removed from the Javadoc.
What it is advised to do depends on your use case.

> It also mentions that this needs to be set to a higher value in case we need
> to load tests, but our use case is a PROD use case, and not a test use case,
> so was confused if the high setting value would lead to issues/instability.

There should be no issues.

> We would anyways, try setting a higher value and do some tests to confirm if
> this scales or not.

Please do.
HttpClient defaults MaxConnectionsPerDestination to 64, but feel free
to experiment with different values (smaller or larger).

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top