[jetty-dev] Information regarding Jetty HTTP Client properties

Hi,

We are working with Jetty 9.4.3.v20170317 distribution and using the low level HttpClient  API to create Http2Client objects to be able to do HTTP/2 communication both synchronously and asynchronously.

Since, we could not find much information for all the properties in the API documentation, I would like to clarify the usage of following 2 properties that can be set on the client object:

1. IdleTimeout: How does this property behave? In case a connection becomes idle, i.e no data exchange from either side, is this connection just added back to the list of idle connection in the underlying connection pool? We have a use case wherein we would just create 1 connection and stream requests, so we would like to understand if a connection became idle and say, we have a new incoming request to make HTTP communication, would we use this connection and activate it so that it could be used for the exchange? Also if this property is not explicitly configured, does it assume some default value?

2. AddressResolutionTimeout: What is the significance to set this timeout property? We do set the connection timeout. If addressResolutionTimeout is not explicitly set, does this property default to connection timeout?

Thanks
Neha

Back to the top