Re: [jetty-dev] Can someone please shed some light on the security of password hashing offered in jetty?

Not specific to Jetty, but my understanding is that MD5 is susceptible to collisions, so someone could find a password other then the user's real password which generates the same MD5.

However, that doesnt actually help an attacker find the user's password.