Re: [jetty-dev] Announcements of releases / signatures / location

Scott,

Thanks for the feedback!

First off, I'll double check the announcements, I could have sworn those had gone out so my apologies.

As for the download.eclipse.org site, Maven Central has always been the canonical durable repository for Jetty.  Our usage of the eclipse download page was a manual post release process and was ultimately nothing more then a waste of space so I did away with it for the distribution downloads when I converted the jetty website to asciidoc.  We keep some javadoc and xref files on there for releases but that is about it.  We try and keep our p2 repositories up to date but personally I am loathe to keep doing that since there isn't a centralized durable p2 repository to contribute to.

Now a KEYS file in our github repository is not a bad idea at all, I recently updated my keys and validated that we hadn't been dinged by that short id collision attack from a while back.  I'll create that KEYS file now on the 9.3.x branch and merge it forward.

cheers,
Jesse

--
jesse mcconnell