[jetty-dev] Early Access builds for JDK 8u122 b02 , JDK 9 & JDK 9 with Project Jigsaw b140 are available on java.net

Hi Simone,

Early Access b02 for JDK 8u122 is available , summary of changes are listed here.

Early Access b140 (#5625) for JDK 9 with Project Jigsaw is available on java.net, summary of changes are listed here.

Early Access b140 for JDK 9 is available on java.net, summary of  changes are listed here .

A couple of items to point out with regard to b140:

  1. A fix for Cyclic interface initialization causes JVM crash is included in b140
  2. We are requesting feedback on a change that went into  JDK 9 b140
The java.io.FilePermission class was changed to remove pathname canonicalization from its creation,
along  with a system property to revert the behavior back to way it worked in the previous JDK release.
We do this mainly for performance enhancement so that there is no need to consult the file system every
time a FilePermisson is created. If you use a security manager and file permissions then you should read
the details as described on the jdk9 mailing list [1]

Feedback is requested via core-libs-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The new GA date of JDK 9 has been updated on the JDK 9 Project page [2], further details in Mark Reinhold's email [3].

Rgds,Rory

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk9-dev/2016-October/005062.html
[2] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk9/
[3] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk9-dev/2016-October/005092.html