Re: [jetty-dev] It is me or is it the code?

Of course ...

Step 1. I use a curl command to download a small file with the current username and password
        $curl -u u1:p1 http://localhost:8080/myfile.zip
        Valid username: u1 and password: p1
        (This works as expected, no problem)
Step 2. I change/modify the security.properties password for user u1
        Value username: u1 and password: p2
        (I change the password from p1 to p2 in the security.properties)
Step 3. I wait a few seconds and execute
        $curl -u u1:p2 http://localhost:8080/myfile.zip
        (I wait even a few minutes and the change in password p2 fails it still thinks it is p1)

I expect by setting logingService.setHotReload(true) that my subsequent password change from p1 to p2 will work after a while.  With 9.3.x version the change is not applied to the running Jetty server. However, with 9.4.0.M0 or newer it works fine.  It the new password change is picked up in a few seconds as I expect it.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 8:52 PM, Alan Nexus <alan.nexus.6@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> HashLoginService loginService = new
> HashLoginService("MyRealm,"security.properties");
> // stop working for 9.3.x for some reason
> loginService.setHotReload(true); // <------
> server.addBean(loginService);
>
> For some reason this code stop working for: 9.3.11.v20160721

"Stop working" is too generic for us to take a look.

Can you please detail exactly what stopped working, what you are
doing, what you expect and what you get instead ?

--
Simone Bordet
----