Re: [jetty-dev] Github Pull Request Policies

I think it's a good idea to flag the necessity of accepting the Eclipse contributor agreement before a pull request can be accepted.

However, as an open source project I don't recommend that we try and set SLAs - we're all making our best effort to attend to things. Generally we can say that if a contributor doesn't respond to requests for changes or more  information then eventually the pull request will be closed. If we think there's merit in the pull request, but the author goes silent then eventually we will probably make some changes and commit ourselves. Anything more nailed down than that is going to be setting unrealistic expectations on the part of contributors and more pressures on already over-busy developers IMHO.

Jan