Re: [jetty-dev] Configuration changes for jetty-9.4

>I'm proposing this to go into master, which is currently planned to be a jetty-9.4.x release in the coming months.   But as this is moderately significant change, I'd like to get some community feedback on the value of it, it's impacts and if it should be punted to a 10.0.x release probably early next year.

In light of a similar question about versioning coming up in another dependency of my work recently, can I ask if Jetty has an official versioning policy wrt APIs and configuration formats at this point?

In most of the projects that do have such policies, a three-digit version would tend to imply absolutely no allowance for breaking changes in a minor upgrade, but the more important issue is, IMHO, simply that there be clarity on what's guaranteed and what isn't.

-- Scott

Back to the top