Re: [jetty-dev] Query on Max Requests Per connection

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 4:03 AM, Prakash Nandihal <p.nandihal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I am doing POC on http2 using jetty libraries. As per my requirement i have
> to send json string as payload to server using http2 client,below is  my
> code snippet,one thing i observed that in one http connection it sends max
> 1024 requests,and also some times it handles 500 requests in one connection.
>
>  After reaching max value,jetty API does not give any indication saying
> maximum requests for the opened connection is reached,so how do we know at
> what point we have to create new connection to send the remaining requests.

In Jetty 9.3.x, HttpClient with the HTTP/2 transport will open only
one connection per destination.
If you exceed the max number of concurrent requests, Jetty will queue
the remaining requests and send them after the previous ones return.

In Jetty 9.4.x, HttpClient with the HTTP/2 transport has a connection
pool, so when the max number of concurrent requests is reached, a new
connection will be opened.

--
Simone Bordet
----