Re: [jetty-dev] jetty-toolchain

yes, you can run the build and release from whichever project inside the toolchain you want using normal release process, think of it a holding repo of little projects that don't have their own git repo...it is akin to the old setup for maven plugins at apache or the mojo project at github.

that being said, might not be updated for scm info since we moved it to github so if you tried a release and something crumbled that might be it, will look now

I don't see the point of carving out git repos for everything in there, it is just a useful sandbox of stuff

setuid builds are very fickle and platform dependent, we have mostly just pushed out artifacts for macox and ubuntu linux because that is what we have to generate them from, the build process has (or has had) lots of other compile options over the years but they all require the actual platform to build on, hpux, irix, redhat, sunos, etc

if someone wants to use setuid on a different platform then they can certainly build it, but I don't know that we can really accept a contribution on it, at least one that will make its way into our distribution.

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx