Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty Help Wanted @ Github!

Hi Greg and the great team of Jetty,

I have not yet done any contributions to Jetty project but I would very much like to start.
So as a potential contributor, I have the following observations as I wanted to start.

I am sure there has been a reason but I do not see the code formatter and coding templates in the main repo[1].
And, by formatter and coding templates, I mean [2] and [3] which seem to be living still under a different repo tree.
But both are described and documented at [4].
I am aware that there're arguments for and against having the supporting material for contributors in the repo or not,
but I am still more convinced having them as part of the repo brings the advantage of creating history for them as well.
This can be even on a separate repo. Maybe this could be another "Help Wanted" issue at GitHub?

Then, by any chance, is there a plan to unify Jetty documentation and its code?
This will bring another advantage that when a PR is sent, maybe part of its review process will be also
to verify the documentation part of the changes?

Regards,
Behrooz

[1]: https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
[2]: http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.admin.git/tree/jetty-eclipse-java-format.xml