[jetty-dev] Weld + embedded Jetty on win

Hi all,

In Weld servlet integration code we call "servletContext.getResource(resource)" where resource is e.g. "/WEB-INF/beans.xml" to determine whether it's a bean archive or not. For testing we use embedded Jetty (9.3.6.v20151106) which creates temporary dir in filesystem during run. And that's the problem which I am facing. On windows I have the following path (was experimenting with length and name of tmpDir):

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/hudson/Local%20Settings/Temp/9090-2077640222025766452.dir/webapp/WEB-INF/beans.xml

The path is correct and the file does exists. The problem is that "org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler#checkAlias" returns false for this path and this leads to null resource. So no bean archive and no Weld deployment. TBH I don't understand to logic of org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.ApproveNonExistentDirectoryAliases#check much (if resource.exists() then  return false). Is it a bug (it seems so)? Any ideas or suggestions please? I think using another "java.io.tmpdir" settings is not the best solution.

Thank's
Tom

Back to the top