Re: [jetty-dev] Hello, Jetty - sending email.

Jens,

Great that you are using jetty on a school project.   However, an important lesson to learn is to ask the right question in the right forum.  Thus this list not really the right place to ask about java mail.

However, if you look at the example in the Jetty sourcecode: org/eclipse/jetty/embedded/ServerWithJNDI.java
it shows how JNDI can be used to expose an instance of a service providing the Java Mail API.

So to answer your question, in a jetty environment, you should use both JNDI and Java Mail API to send email.

good luck.