Re: [jetty-dev] Unix Sockets for Jetty

On 10/22/15, 5:58 PM, "jetty-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Greg Wilkins" <jetty-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of gregw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I've created a branch of jetty which has a unix socket connector in it.   This allows fast connections from a local native connection terminator (eg haproxy or nginx) that will hand off without data copies and/or significant dispatch delays.
>
>The main use-case intended for this is simply offloading SSL/TLS, but I'm sure there are many other innovative uses.

Is this in any way analagous or perhaps reasonably substitutable for AJP (which is superior to HTTP proxying, but was removed)?

Losing direct forwarding of REMOTE_USER, certificates, and having to deal with X-Forwarded-For headers and such is a big lose. Does this restore any of the old capabilities?

(Not familiar with nginx, so sorry if it's a dumb question.)

-- Scott

Back to the top