Re: [jetty-dev] Conditional XML feature?

> On Oct 13, 2015, at 4:36 PM, Greg Wilkins <gregw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> But it could also be used with a gating property name:
>

>    <If name="https.enabled">
>       <Set name="scheme">https</Set>
>       <Set name="port"><Property name="https.port"/></Set>
>       <Call name="addCustomizer"><Arg><New class="o.e.j.s.SecureRequestCustomizer"/></Arg></Call>
>    </If>

Thanks for engaging me, that’s kind.

Come to think of it, we (shibboleth.net identity provider) probably would use the “gating property”. For example, to control the instantiation and injection of a connector based on the existence and value of the property defining the port for that connector, as you well describe above. In our case, examples would be properties defining a commented-out-by-default non-HTTPS port and a “backchannel” port where we ignore/trust all certs (so we can handle that ourselves). As background, we ship an “embedded” Jetty, which is “embedded” only in the sense of : that’s the name of the parent directory of the jetty-base we supply. Because XML is a core competency for deployers, I doubt we would go the Java route, instead preferring XML + properties.

Thanks again.

Back to the top