Re: [jetty-dev] HTTP/2 Push is not working

Hi,

yes it seems to work on https://webtide.com because I see in chrome that all statics are downloaded at the same time. I'm still surprised that chrome shows that they are required after the HTML page is fetched, but not sure this tool is fully reliable.

My Chrome version is 43.0.2351.3 m

No particular log reports something related to the internal push operations. However, the filter works has expected and calls the push() method for each associated resource.

I make sure the browser makes a new request by putting a breakpoint in the filter. Each time a static is needed, I can see the browser actually makes a new request to the server instead of expecting the promised push.

I tryed with the latest jdk 1.8.0_45 and the corresponding ALPN version, but nothing changed.

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Guillaume Drouet <guidrouet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using jetty 9.3.0.M2 as an embedded server configured for HTTP/2 (h2-14
> on chrome).
>
> I tried to enable server-push with PushCacheFilter and
> PushSessionCacheFilter but both are not working.

Well, they are working.
They are actually live on https://webtide.com.

> When a HTML page refers
> many JS/CSS files, the filter intercepts the referer header and populate a
> cache as expected. This is done the first time, and when the page is loaded
> a second time, the filter push the secondary resources. However, the browser
> does not seem to be notified: it performs additional requests and secondary
> resources are loaded only when the HTML is fetched.

What browser exact version ?
Do you have browser's logs ? Server logs ?
How do you know the browser is actually making the request (via the
network) rather than just displaying the request into a tool window ?

--
Simone Bordet
----