Re: [jetty-dev] Improving HTTP/2 server push support

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Guillaume Drouet <guidrouet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You're right. Actually we need to parse the resources contents on
> server-side like the browser does to discover all resources. This is what I
> try to do with my open source project (https://github.com/wuic/wuic). It
> already collects all resources referenced by HTML (css, js, images), CSS
> (images, css, sourcemaps) and Javascript (templateUrl in angular apps,
> sourcemaps). So with a solution like WUIC, we can create a filter that
> relies on the framework to analyze an HTML page and then push all resources
> with PushBuilder. Analyzing takes time so if we want to satisfy the first
> request, the framework must be configured to do the job at build time or
> when the server starts.

And still, there are things that won't be possible to do, for example
conditional inclusion of resources.
We briefly considered parsing resources on the server, but we
immediately discarded it because it would have killed the server
performance, and it would not have been precise anyway.
That is not to say that WUIC does not have its space, but just that
for Jetty it was not the appropriate solution.

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top