Re: [jetty-dev] [jetty-users] Sequential pushing with HTTP/2

Jeroen,

the push mechanism creates new streams in the multiplexed connection for each of the pushed resources.  This is explicitly so that they can overtake each other and there is no sequential requirement.

In HTTP2, it is the priority mechanism that might be able to set some kind of sequential relationship between resources, but that comes from the client and is only advisory.  Plus Jetty currently does not implement priority and probably will not due to flaws with it from a server throughput point of view.

There is actually no way I can think of in HTTP/2 to maintain strong ordering between resources - pushed or requested.
It would be good to know your use-case for this.

cheers