Re: [jetty-dev] Github Hosting of Jetty

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Jesse McConnell
<jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> https://wiki.eclipse.org/Social_Coding/Hosting_a_Project_at_GitHub#GitHub_Hooks
>
> Apparently things have progressed to the point within Eclipse that we
> would be allowed to move our canonical repository from the eclipse
> foundation to github.  Within the team we are somewhat split on this
> approach but ultimately this is something that should have some
> feedback from the community at large.  This is your opportunity!
>
> In my opinion, many of you have spoken already by finding the mirror
> of jetty under  eclipse/jetty.project and submitting pull
> requests...which we historically have to reject because the allowed
> process required the usage of either bugzilla and/or gerrit...and that
> is only a mirror so anything accepted there would have been smoked on
> the next mirror sync anyway.
>
> If anyone is violently for this sort of change, please speak
> up....same if you are violently against!
>
> Note: in order for your pull request to be accepted you would still
> have to have an eclipse foundation cla in place and we would still
> follow all required ip policies and procedures....but you would at
> least have some pretty colored UI elements that explain some of these
> things.
>
> Thoughts? Feel free to reply to this thread or mail me directly if you
> want to provide private feedback.

I personally value a pull request from contributors a lot.
Means interest, passion, will to contribute.
The path for that must be as smooth and easy as possible, within the
constraints we have to comply to IP policies. (which are a good
thing).

Seems to me that GitHub makes this path really easy, so I'm +1.

--
Simone Bordet
http://bordet.blogspot.com

Back to the top