[jetty-dev] Github Hosting of Jetty

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Social_Coding/Hosting_a_Project_at_GitHub#GitHub_Hooks

Apparently things have progressed to the point within Eclipse that we
would be allowed to move our canonical repository from the eclipse
foundation to github.  Within the team we are somewhat split on this
approach but ultimately this is something that should have some
feedback from the community at large.  This is your opportunity!

In my opinion, many of you have spoken already by finding the mirror
of jetty under  eclipse/jetty.project and submitting pull
requests...which we historically have to reject because the allowed
process required the usage of either bugzilla and/or gerrit...and that
is only a mirror so anything accepted there would have been smoked on
the next mirror sync anyway.

If anyone is violently for this sort of change, please speak
up....same if you are violently against!

Note: in order for your pull request to be accepted you would still
have to have an eclipse foundation cla in place and we would still
follow all required ip policies and procedures....but you would at
least have some pretty colored UI elements that explain some of these
things.

Thoughts? Feel free to reply to this thread or mail me directly if you
want to provide private feedback.

Jesse

--
jesse mcconnell