Re: [jetty-dev] New Scheduling idea for 9.3

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Greg Wilkins <gregw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If we have N HEADERS frames one after the other, we will have N-1
>> dispatches for Ys (my 2.4).
>
> In the worst case yes.  I think we can sometimes get < N

I don't see how ?
Every time we parse a HEADERS we need to call the app.
For each HEADERS we need a dispatch (and it's done before calling the app).
I think we will submit N-1 tasks to the thread pool in all cases (best
or worst).
And then the thread pool can handle those N-1 jobs with M threads
(where M <= N-1), but that is the usual case of thread pools anyway
(we are in the same situation with the current code).

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top