Re: [jetty-dev] understanding the jetty 9.2.X architecture

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 8:13 AM, Michele Rossi <michele.rossi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi,
what's the best way to understand the architecture of Jetty 9.2.X?

I am interested in learning about the asynchronous design, how jetty manages to scale under increasing load, what resources it allocates in increasing amounts (threads?), what are the bottlenecks and the inevitable blocking parts (for example when a resource is read from the disk?).

That should not be inevitable. There are non-blocking APIs in nio for file reading.

Is there any document that explains the concepts above?

If not I assume the only way is to study the code?

thanks,
Michele