Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty Websocket Impl

On 2014-03-04 04:35:13 +0000, Scott Lewis said:
Gyrex will be including in it's Luna repo all the jetty 9.1 bundles (and
javax.websocket)?

Actually, that's still up in the air. We might have to if nobody else is.

Can Jetty 8 and Jetty 9 run simultaneously?

I'm afraid the Jetty 8 bundles don't define an upper version constraint. Haven't verifies this. But there should be no reason to depend on Jetty 8. It's really outdated.

Couldn't we jointly find a way to not have multiple copies of
javax.websocket, Jetty9 websocket impl (and dependencies) across
Equinox, Gyrex, ECF,  and others?   Seems like having multiple copies
(with possibly different/conflicting versions) would be undesirable for
all of our consumers.

So previously Jetty was delivering the bundles. Thus, I did not include them in my features. This simply re-uses the bundles availabel in the release train repo. If Jetty no longer ships them then I'm happy to include them.

Another question:   Are there any functioning instances/examples of
using Jetty 9.1 impl of javax.websocket with OSGi HttpService...e.g. in
Gyrex?

Not yet. I have something working based on Jetty 9. But I was planning on updating that to the javax.websocket standard and the publish that as an example.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx