Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty Websocket Impl

Hi Gunnar,

On 3/2/2014 10:59 AM, Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
On 2014-02-28 20:48:15 +0000, Scott Lewis said:
Question: What's the plan WRT eclipse4.4/Juno WRT jetty versions? i.e. will Jetty 9 be used for Juno/eclipse4.x?...or Jetty 8?

Not sure if you know but Jetty left the release train repo. However, they are still in the repo because Gyrex includes them and will continue to contribute them to the repo. For Luna it will likely be 9.1 or higher.

Gyrex will be including in it's Luna repo all the jetty 9.1 bundles (and javax.websocket)?

But AFAIK Equinox HttpService still requires Jetty 8.

Can Jetty 8 and Jetty 9 run simultaneously?

<stuff deleted>

I suggest creating and maintaining your own feature for your distribution. But when contributing to the release train repo you need to exclude this feature or ensure that it's in sync with the latest Equinox contribution. Otherwise there might be conflicts on aggregation.

Couldn't we jointly find a way to not have multiple copies of javax.websocket, Jetty9 websocket impl (and dependencies) across Equinox, Gyrex, ECF, and others? Seems like having multiple copies (with possibly different/conflicting versions) would be undesirable for all of our consumers.

FYI: I had to override the init method of the WebSocketServlet and require all websocket bundles to make it work in OSGi. I've opened bug 429409 for this.

OK.  Thanks.

Another question: Are there any functioning instances/examples of using Jetty 9.1 impl of javax.websocket with OSGi HttpService...e.g. in Gyrex?

Scott

Back to the top