From: Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2014-02-17 15:48 GMT+01:00
Subject: Re: [orbit-dev] How to use Orbit releases with maven-based
non-Eclipse-plugin-projects
To: Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Oliver,

I know that the Jetty project is doing something like this. They wrote
some Maven stuff to turn Orbit jars into Maven consumable pieces. You
might want to ask there.

FWIW, although some jars in Orbit might have been built from stuff in
Maven Central, you can’t consume stuff from Maven Central in you
Eclipse projects and distribute that as is.  At least the about.html
file needs to be added which (as far as I know) is not in any jar in
Maven Central. Some bundles also only contain a subset. Additionally,
in order to benefit from the simplified CQs (re-use from Orbit CQs)
you must re-use the Orbit bits.

-Gunnar