[jetty-dev] Chained proxy support

Hello,

I worked on adding support for chained proxy into [1] and [2]. I.e. thisĀ  allows the jetty proxy to send proxied requests to an upstream HTTP proxy (did not yet add support for proxy authentication).

Would there be interests in the community for integrating a contribution around this support ?

This support was useful to me when testing that the CF Java SDK is properly working when instructed to work through an HTTP proxy (and running this test within a corporate setup in which access to the origin server needs to go through an http proxy). See [3] for details.

The ChainedProxyConnectHandler is currently quite hacky as it does not reuse any of the jetty infrastructure for writing the CONNECT handshake, and may need to be ported to the latest jetty codebase

Would you have suggestions as how to improve this contrib and best test it ? I see the ConnectHandlerTest is currently starting a server that servers echos. For the chained proxy, I had imagined starting a second proxy.

Thanks in advance,

Guillaume.

Back to the top