Re: [jetty-dev] Java 7u40 breaks Jetty?

On 13 September 2013 19:13, Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Michele Rossi <michele.rossi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
> I have just tried out the latest jetty build (9.0.5.v20130815) with Java
> 7u40 on Linux and I am getting this:
>

> 2013-09-13 09:48:20.659:WARN:oejuc.AbstractLifeCycle:main: FAILED
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server@246fd685:
> MultiException[java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

You are using the wrong NPN boot jar: see
http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/npn-chapter.html#npn-versions

So I think we can take this as evidence of what I said in the "latest NPN and start.jar" thread that a better error message is needed if NPN fails for some reason.   A full version catalogue would be great, but failing that a catch with an explanation along the lines of:

 NPN failed with 'some exception'
 Please check you are running the correct NPN version for your JVM at http://somesite.com

cheers

Back to the top