Re: [jetty-dev] master-->jetty-9 ; jetty-9.1-->master ?

I have worked on a huge project that had no master branch, just
branches for the different releases. The project had a mix of Idea &
Eclipse users.

It works great, and is really excellent for communicating clearly to
everyone what's being done where; no need for that "what's master
pointing at today" nonsense. The only downside was we had to
constantly reconfigure our CI to point at the most relevant active
branches. (But we were interleaved teams on a rapid release cycle, so
I suppose that's a little more aggressive than what you guys are doing)

Kristian

Back to the top