[jetty-dev] ProxyServlet in Jetty 9

Hello,

Looking to port some code extending ProxyServlet that uses 8.1.11 to 9.0.4, and having trouble with Continuations and Listeners. With 8.1.11, I'm able to
a) Define behavior on exception/connectionFailed/expire
b) Set an HttpEventListener (on HttpExchange, from customizeExchange - prior to continuation being suspended from ProxyServlet.service) with a custom onResponseStatus that can potentially resume continuation based one the status.

None of these things appear to be possible in Jetty 9, so looking for ways to accomplish the same thing. I assume I can achieve 'a' by setting a Response.FailureListener on proxyRequest while in customizeProxyRequest; not sure if this necessarily covers all the cases exception/connectionFailed/expire used to cover though. For 'b', I'm trying to add a Response.BeginListener (from the same place, while customizing proxyRequest), which seems ok except ProxyServlet.service doesn't suspend continuation anymore, so I can't resume it. The whole notion of AsyncContinuation is gone in Jetty 9; is there somewhere I can learn how to go about migrating code from older version that uses this? Thanks!

p.s. where can I grab a source jar for jetty.proxy package? Can't find it http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/updates/jetty-bundles-9.x/9.0.4.v20130625/ or http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/stable-9/dist/ ... (see the source online, but wondering how come it's not packaged with the rest of it).

Back to the top