Re: [jetty-dev] Servlet Initialization in Jetty 9.0.2

On 2013-05-16 23:07:18 +0000, Jan Bartel said:

Can you post the code that sets up the servlets?  There were some changes to jetty-9 about how the holders are started, but I wouldn't have thought it could affect you, but if you post the code, then I'll have a better idea.

It's here:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/gyrex/gyrex-platform.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.gyrex.http.jetty/src/org/eclipse/gyrex/http/jetty/internal/app/ApplicationContext.java

Starting at line 304.

// create holder
final ServletHolder holder = new ServletHolder(servletClass);
if (null != initparams) {
	holder.setInitParameters(initparams);
}

// register servlet
applicationHandler.getServletHandler().addServletWithMapping(holder, pathSpec);

With Jetty 8 I had to do the following as well, because Jetty did not start the holders when the handler was already started.

if (applicationHandler.getServletHandler().isStarted() || applicationHandler.getServletHandler().isStarting()) {
try {
	holder.start();
} catch (final Exception e) {
	…